Basketball, Basketball, Basketball

So the Basketball season is officially underway and I thought Bobby might like to have some updates, I will be posting scores and info of as many games as possible, between James, Chris, and Josh there are about 8 million so my apologies as I know I'll miss a few here and there. Conference play starts this Friday for West. Here's what I have so far.



Lutheran West v. Fairview (BOOOOOOO!!!!) Friday 12/5/08 Final: LW-35 F-38



This was a TOUGH game, Fairview's defense was pretty good and Lutheran West seemed to have some first game of the season jitters. James started and played VERY solid ball. Coach Durbin could have done a little better in my opinion but I'll reserve my judgements about him for a little while. The game was won by Fairview with a 3pt shot at the buzzer, I dislike them so much it made me want to cry; and they are just as white trash as always Bobby... I honestly didn't know who was worse, the parents or the kids...












St. Paul v. Redeemer Saturday 12/6/08 Final: St. Paul- 37 Redeemer- 16



I only got to see the second half of this game (no I was not slacking, I was helping at Building Hope In the City) but the picture of the score board says it all it was just a BLOW OUT. Chris of course played well & I'll be sure to not be late ever again, I could barely see standing in the hallway!



Josh's game was unfortunately the first game of the season that I missed, Kirk was there, but again I was downtown at Building Hope In The City. Kirk said Josh played AWESOME, minus some attitude towards one of James penalty calls on him, that had to be so funny! His team won also which is AWESOME! We'll have some pictures next weekend.


Lutheran West v. Wickliffe 12/8/08 Final: LW- 45 Wickliffe- 38


This was again another tough game. Lutheran West played better, but man Coach Durbin is KILLIN' me! Every time we start scoring he puts subs in and changes the line up, WHY!?? James played GREAT he had some good steals on the defensive side, and some good shots offensively as well (of course I caught none of his best moments on film), nothings falling yet, but he'll find his groove. #34 for Wickliffe was a "Punk" as Mom put it, and the fat referee was TERRIBLE, he even commented to a LW parent that "it isn't Christmas yet, and he won't be giving our boys any presents" I am attaching some excellent footage of his blindness; watch as he stands in the lower left of the screen as #34 bush whacks Steffon, and then he proceeds to watch poor Steffon struggle to get up as he runs down the court, again not paying attention to what's going on. I'm not one to complain about officiating, but he was BAD! Anyways, when all was said & done we won, so it was a good night!



Stay tuned, I'll have more soon!

Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Bobby Says:

    Dude! I love it Mandy! Please keep this going, I know that this must be time consuming, but I appreciate so much! So I was just trying to explain to Rachelle how much I hate Fairview, she laughed. And that ref was awful, I found myself throwing up my arms when I saw what happened. My favorite part was Dad screaming at the ref, totally had like a thousand flashbacks. Some good, others not as much (see 8th grade Hudson wrestling tournament). Anyway thank you so much!


  2. HILARIOUS!! I'll make sure to keep posting. I don't think Rachelle will ever understand the Fairview thing, you grow up with those rejects to totally get it. I'm really glad you like this!!!