Football, Football, Football

So I've been sincerely spoken to about my lack of recent updates, and I apologize. As everyone is well aware fall is here and that means one thing and one thing only in the Ranc/Mueller households. FOOTBALL! With the high school season in full swing, mini horns on Thursday, not to mention multiple fantasy leagues and college football all day Saturday it's amazing that we get anything else done around here. So far this season isn't exactly working out the way we have all hoped. Jamie was tearing it up on the varsity field as the starting quarterback and making almost EVERY single tackle on defense as the safety (which isn't the way it's supposed to be). UNTIL the lack of O & D lines led to his demise, he unfortunately took a NASTY hit and a helmet to the knee and wound up with a broken tibia which has officially ended his season. So far the count is 15 players out due to injuries and things are a little bleak... one of the back up quarterbacks ended up with a broken collar bone just last night. Needless to say it hasn't been that fun for the varsity team.

The JV season has been a whole different story, no wins reported yet but it's been a season of incredibly close games and it's been a TON of fun! Chris has been a maniac on the field! He is just kicking butt & taking names. He has laid more people out than any one could possibly keep track of. Everyone is constantly telling us how fun it is to watch him, he is a serious defensive force to be reckoned with. He has also scored his fair share of touchdowns this season, and to think he's only a freshman!

Josh is playing for the mini horns this season and while they are awesome little football playing dudes, I would be lying to myself if I didn't say that he is adorable in his mini horns uniform & pads, see for yourself below. It's amazing how that "my older sister puts me out" look really loses nothing in a picture... Josh also seems to have the Ranc family "we kick butt at defense" thing going, his tackling skills have been finely honed by years of front yard football games, and it REALLY shows! I think the Lutheran football programs won't be forgetting the Ranc boys anytime soon!

Anyways, below are some of the photos I've take so far this season, I've decided with all the games ahead of us I'm going to need a fancier camera so I've recently invested in lottery tickets. haha


Chris the freight train Ranc.


The freight train is #25.

That's our quarterback!

James was thrilled that after a game of being pummeled his sister insisted on a picture...

Josh has a much more sarcastic way of showing his displeasure at my need for pictures.
The broken leg before we knew it was a broken leg, it was originally diagnosed as a torn mcl until the MRI proved different.

0 Responses