Diary of a Newlywed - Messy House

So Kirk and I have been married for almost 3 months now, and we are starting to notice those little things we never knew about one another before. One major thing we have in common is not wanting to do anything past a certain time in the evening, what this results in is a lot of things left undone and one MAJOR mess! We started tearing down the wall paper in the kitchen on Saturday and haven't gone back to that yet and the evidence of our unfinished job is strewn EVERYWHERE. The storm on Sunday messed up our security lights and those have now made their way from the stove to the kitchen counter with shreds of wallpaper. Perhaps even funnier than that is the fact that I can't seem to adjust to being a grown up and not having my Mommy to cook for me, last night Kirk and I had queso and chips for dinner... yeah, wife of the year is NOT going to me... it's not helping the figure either! I am sure Kirk is trying very hard to figure out why I seem to leave water bottles and pop cans everywhere, the bathroom, the laundry area, the living room, the bedroom, etc... I will admit that they do show up in some pretty weird places, but eventually he will come to understand that I just forget where I set them and get a new one to leave somewhere else, Mom seemed to be especially fond of this habit when I lived at home! I on the other hand am trying hard to understand why he has to line the empty beer bottles on the side of the sink when the garbage can is 3 steps to the left... I am pretty sure this is remnants of some kind of college guy thing... As you can see we each have various habits that contribute to our messy home who knows who's worse, although last night he spilled some cheese on the table (note the full role of paper towels on the same table) and didn't wipe it up, I took a picture at lunch today to prove that it's still there! I vote he has to clean it up since he spilled it, but you can vote for yourself. I have attached some pictures of our various messes because apparently Mom says this is hilarious! She loves hearing about my struggles to grow up and thought I should share them with everyone... I know this will get easier, but I gotta tell ya I think there should be some sort of class for this wife thing! YIKES!
Labels: edit post
5 Responses
  1. Bobby Says:

    You drink pop while you are in the bathroom?


  2. Yes when I am getting ready for work in the morning!


  3. Bobby Says:

    You are weird. Oh, and by the way, if you truly love your husband you will clean up his mess. It is your first test of true devotion! Rachelle is always cleaning up my messes and I can tell it totally makes her love me more!


  4. Rachelle Says:

    Whoa there. I'm a little late on the comments here. Please tell me you didn't clean the cheese. It's all down hill from there. If I had a dollar for every Bobby sock I picked up... Oh yeah, I've totally picked up many half full glasses and water bottles of his in the bathroom and everywhere else in the house. Must be genetic.


  5. Bobby Says:

    Time-out, I know I am like a thousand years late here, and I am pretty sure that nobody is reading these comments anymore, but these lies and propaganda can not be left un-answered. I do NOT drink ANYTHING in the bathroom. At least not in the part with the toilet. Any statement to the contrary is simply conspiracy mongering. I am looking at you Rachelle! (well, metaphorically.)